At Language and Culture, we are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data in the interests of privacy. This policy explains how we may process personal data that we collect from or are provided to us by potential and actual clients.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Dr Stephen Gregson of 95 Milliners Wharf, 2 Munday Street, Manchester M4 7BD.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing our contact form on www.languageandculture.co.uk (“our website”) or via emails received from you. This includes information provided at the time of completing our contact form, contracting any of our services or requesting further information by email. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- When dealing with enquiries, we may ask you for additional information to enable us to respond fully and appropriately.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication.
- Details of your visits to our website.
How do we use personal information?
We may use information held about you as follows:
- To ensure that the presentation of our website content is in the most effective form for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided that you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Language and Culture.
Our website only uses first-party cookies. First-party cookies are cookies that are set by our website itself and can only be read by this website. They are commonly used for the functionality of the website. We do not currently use third-party cookies.
Links to third-party content
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. If you follow any of these links please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we accept no responsibility nor liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always ask you for permission to use your data for such purposes or if we would like to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How to contact us